This page contains links and resources for employees and partners to stay protected and informed.
The coronavirus (COVID-19): Be prepared
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus that was ﬁrst identiﬁed in China. The virus is airborne and spreads from person to person through coughing and sneezing. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
U.S. officials have advised that Americans should be prepared for disruption due to the coronavirus outbreak.
HealthiestYou doctors can answer questions about the disease, evaluate your risk, and provide support by phone or video and help relieve symptoms for affected patients.
Protect yourself from getting sick
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distance
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slightly runny nose, until you recover
Frequently Asked Questions
- Stay home, and inform your manager
- Rest, drink plenty of fluids, and contact your healthcare provider as necessary
- Yes, you can file for short term disability if you are sick.
- Your doctor must be able to fill out appropriate paperwork to certify
No. If you are not sick, you cannot file for Short Term Disability
Yes, you may charge your available PTO or Sick leave while you are off for either illness or quarantine.
- The Department of Labor is advising that it will issue guidelines for this by April 2nd.
- We will share more information as it becomes available
This depends on which state you live in. This information may update as time goes on, But as of 3/19/20:
- Currently California and Ohio are allowing
- Currently Virginia and Florida is not allowing
Yes, please contact the HR department if you wish to do this firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) In Virginia
- Maryland Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Business
- Employee Assistance Program Overview
- Stage 3 of NASA’s Response Framework
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention website lists many resources available if you need help, specific state health websites can be found here.
You can find these 15 Day guidelines on whitehouse.gov, or by visiting: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf
- Up-to-date agency announcements and guidelines are available on the NASA People website, please check it often.